Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Why I Like to Sing Alone



Last week, my two oldest were out for the afternoon and my mom took the littles over to her house for their naps. I was able to get some vocals recorded, which I had been itching to do for awhile.

Maybe someday I will give you a tour of my "studio"...it's a very simple setup, trust me. It would probably make some of you cringe. haha 

But the real thing (the real studio experience) would be terribly intimidating to me, I think. I'm so thankful that I can sing alone all by myself and not worry about those hiccups that happen and worrying about the professional sound engineer that is having to listen to me hurt their ears. Yeah, I guess I'm too self-conscious. I probably need to get over that. Not probably, but I do. Need to. Have to. Must.

But let me tell you a story. Once upon a time, I wasn't nervous of being in front of people. I have fond memories of singing with my sister for special events. We did little duets together, people thought we were cute. You know, two little girls who are sisters, singing together, that's kind of cute. Anyway, I became confident and comfortable as time went on doing that.  

Then about nine years ago, I was invited to do a special song for the ladies' tea at the church we were attending. I don't know what it was - the combination of having to play the piano AND sing at the same time, or just not having been in front of people like that in a long time - but I totally, completely croaked. Waaah! My voice flew away and was replaced by a weak, pathetic sound. I'm not even going to call it a voice, it was that bad! And I was mortified. It left me scarred, but I'm really hoping not for life! Never give up hope!

So here's my question to you singers out there. How did you overcome your fear of croaking after you'd croaked? haha I really think it's bad that I even have that fear, because I'm just singing for the Lord anyway, but after you've had one of "those moments" (and you have to have had one of "those moments" to know what I'm talking about), it leaves you thinking that you will never try that again...EVER! Any tips? ;-)

Croaking and all, all glory to Jesus,
Adriel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! May the Lord bless you and keep you and make His face shine upon you! May God be your song.