Tuesday, January 14, 2014

"In This Hour" - Story Behind the Song

   This song was written under the same circumstances of "Wait" back in 2006, which you can read about HERE.

   This time, though, I wanted to share some from the journal I kept during that time. Here is a journal entry from just a few days prior to the song being written down:


"'Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say rejoice! Let your forebearing spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.'
Philippians 4:4-7

   I read these verses today, and even though I know they're true, I have a hard time holding on to them for myself.

   I need your help, Lord. To rest in You and embrace Your peace. I am beyond weary. My hope has to be in You, Lord. I ask for mercy. Have mercy on me...I have nothing left. I am so exhausted! Be gracious to me, Lord. Please, lighten this load. Your Word says that You do not give us more than we can bear...I don't know how much more I can bear. I am spent. Please bring some relief. Even just a small amount. I want to be fruitful to You. Show me how to please You even in the middle of this."

   And with that, I leave you with this humble video of "In This Hour".


  
   I promise the next song I share will be happier. This is just part of the journey. =)


All glory to Jesus,
Adriel

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing your song with me. It really moved me and touched me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is such a blessing to hear! Thank you for taking the time to comment and for your encouraging words. I'm so glad it was an encouragement to you. That is one of the main reasons I am sharing these songs. God bless you! =)

      Delete

Thanks for visiting! May the Lord bless you and keep you and make His face shine upon you! May God be your song.