Sunday, January 19, 2014

"You are the Lord" - Story Behind the Song

   Well, after some weighty stories and songs, I wanted to break things up a little with a worship song that focuses primarily on our Lord and Who He is as the Son and Savior, Father, Creator and King, and the Holy Spirit and Counselor.

   God as three distinct roles is quite a mystery to me. I will not even attempt to explain it with my incredibly small amount of understanding. And yes, while I am aware that the word "Trinity" is not in the Bible, the concept of God being three-in-one is not a foreign idea in the Bible. In addition, the word "Bible" is not in the Bible either...does that mean it's not real? Of course not.

   Now, I don't intend to write an essay on the Trinity, nor do I intend to argue the point. That isn't the purpose of this post. But I wanted to touch on the Trinity briefly for the sole purpose of the fact that this song is about God as the Son, the Father, and the Spirit. Each verse highlights different aspects of our Lord in these different roles.





I hope you're having a wonderful Sunday!


All glory to Jesus,

Adriel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! May the Lord bless you and keep you and make His face shine upon you! May God be your song.