Saturday, February 1, 2014

"Blessed is the Man" - Story Behind the Song

   "How blessed is the man who has made the Lord his trust..."
Psalm 40:4a

   I honestly don't know when I wrote the words down for this song. All I know is that in September of 2006, with the same background as a few others songs that I've shared recently (hard times make for a busy songwriting season!), I found a piece of paper with most, if not all, of the words for this song written on it in my papers. I went to the piano and God had a tune at that time for the words. 

   Amazing...years and years those words sat. And then, years later when it was the right time, God gave me the tune. And it happened to be just the right time in my life for this song. God is just incredible! =)

   So, that is the background behind this song. I hope you enjoy it and that it blesses you!




All glory to Jesus,

Adriel

2 comments:

  1. Firstly, I enjoy the commentary! It may be because I love details ;)). On a more serious note, I believe that when you tell the story behind a song, it helps us in our faith walk. Whether it is standing strong through trials or sharing stories of victories or simply praising as the reality of who God is dawns on you, your experience shows us that God is at work. It challenges us and helps us to hold on and grow in God. Thank you for blessing ME with your gift. May the Lord your God rejoice over you! Stay blessed sis!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funmi, thank you, sister, for your feedback regarding the commentary! I've been wondering if I am totally boring people. I thought I would try something different and see what people thought. So thank you for sharing your thoughts on that. I really appreciate it. God bless you! =)

      Delete

Thanks for visiting! May the Lord bless you and keep you and make His face shine upon you! May God be your song.