Friday, February 14, 2014

My Husband, My Hero, My Heart

Valentine's Day - 2009
   My husband and I will be celebrating our 14th wedding anniversary in just a few days. Today, being Valentine's Day and our anniversary being on the 19th, I wanted to take a break from my usual posts and share a little bit about my husband.

He's an awesome Dad! '07
   When my husband and I were courting, I told him he was my hero. I even got him a Superman ornament for Christmas...I know, corny. What can I say? I was goo goo gaga for the guy!

This is the only wedding photo I have digitized.
   It's funny how you begin your life together and you have ideas about what life is going to end up looking like, but you really can't imagine what the future will really hold. We certainly couldn't have imagined in our head-over-heels-in-love state the kinds of challenges and difficulties we would end up facing together. (Of course, we have had wonderful, great times in our life too!)

Our little family in 2003.
   But I just want to tell you that my husband is more a hero to me today than he was 14 years ago. That man has stood by me through the years, and sometimes it's been through some pretty crazy stuff. He's so supportive, so loyal, so amazing!

Just the two of us at Disney World in 2004.
   I don't think I really knew how amazing he was until my health collapsed. I must admit I had let some past offenses taint my view of him. Sometimes it takes something hard to realize how much you really have, how much people really love you, how blessed you really are.

Snow fun in 2005.
   My husband took over things I couldn't do, coming home from work only to work more (he still does this). I know it is ultimately the hand of God, but I probably wouldn't still be here if it weren't for my husband.

Our little family in 2008
   That wonderful man took time off of work to drive me to all the doctor appointments, wheel me from the car to the doctor's office, sit with me in the waiting room, explain the situation repeatedly to doctors.

Our little bit bigger family in 2010.
   While I was fighting for my life, so was he. When the case proved too difficult for the doctors, he would make the calls to get in to see another doctor as soon as possible. He never stopped fighting for me. He never gave up. If it hadn't been for him, I'm pretty sure I would be dead.

The two of us - 2013
   So today, as we celebrate a day that is often about a silly and shallow definition of "love", I'm celebrating being so loved by an incredible man, that he has laid down his life for me for numerous months and continues to do so. My husband has made a lot of sacrifices in the past year and a half. I am so, so blessed. He is a wonderful example of this verse:

"Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her."
Ephesians 5:25

   Gary, I love you! Thanks for fighting for me and being my guy! You're my hero more than ever and you have my heart! Thank you so much for showing me Christ's love these past several months. You're one in a million!

Our family last December, 2013

So thankful and blessed,
Adriel

P.S. I had to go hunting for pics of the two of us. They're not easy to find!

10 comments:

  1. Gary is a wonderful husband and you have a beautiful family Adriel.
    Happy Valentine's Day to you and Gary and your children! God Bless You!
    Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That he is!! Thank you so much! God bless you as well! =)

      Delete
  2. Adriel, You found your prince and he's following in the King's footsteps. You can truly be thankful. Thanks for sharing your joy! Gary is an inspiration. Saying a prayer for you and your family as you continue your recovery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your prayers! We appreciate them so much! And yes, I've got a wonderful prince in my husband and he's a very godly man. But I have to say that God found him for me. I'm very thankful for that. =)

      Delete
  3. It's so nice to see a picture of your beautiful family! The Lord has truly blessed you with the right partner; may he continue to strengthen your relationship! I pray that you both shall enjoy even more better years of marital bliss, as you celebrate 14 years of marriage. My anniversary is 3 days after yours and this year, by the miracle of God, it will be 25 years! Now I feel old :)). Have a blessed day Adriel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Funmi! God knew that Gary was perfect for me! =) And a Happy Anniversary to you and your husband as well on the 22nd, right? 25 years! Wow! Congratulations! =)

      Delete
  4. Dear Adriel & Gary, I wish you both a happy 14th wedding anniversary! May the lord continue to strengthen your relationship and enrich you with blessings that add no sorrow. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for remembering us today! Thank you for your encouraging words. =) God bless you!

      Delete
  5. Gary is definitely a wonderful husband and a great son-in-law, too! You both are a great encouragement and blessing to Dad and me. We love you guys and pray the Lord's continued grace, strength and joy in your journey together. Happy 14th Anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mom! We are so thankful for you and Dad! What would we do without you guys? Love you! =)

      Delete

Thanks for visiting! May the Lord bless you and keep you and make His face shine upon you! May God be your song.