Friday, February 21, 2014

"Keep Me Walking" - Story Behind the Song

   There are a few songs that I don't remember the background of...the setting just escapes my memory. But for the majority of them, I do remember fairly well why/when I wrote them down.

   It's quite interesting, really, how these songs are like pictures. Snapshots of time. Forever memories.

   This song - wow. I read the words, I hear the melody and I remember the setting clearly (not to mention I've got a journal that helps if my memory ever gets hazy).

   There are details that I do not think are appropriate to share with you, as the background involves other people whom I don't wish to uncover publicly.

   I can tell you, however, that I felt like I was walking on slippery ground. The environment was dangerous. My desire was to walk uprightly before the Lord. I didn't know what else to do, but to cry out to my Father God to keep my steps safe and secure.

   And that is the key. Instead of focusing on how wrong other people are walking, focus on your walk, though it may be riddled with stumbling blocks from said people. Draw the circle around yourself, stay in the light, walk circumspectly, examine yourself...however you slice it up, do that. God will honor a sincere, humble cry for help. He wants to keep us from slipping, from taking those wrong steps. God is ready and willing. Pour your heart out to Him.



All glory to Jesus Christ,
Adriel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! May the Lord bless you and keep you and make His face shine upon you! May God be your song.