Monday, December 2, 2013

December

As this new month begins, the flashbacks of last year's December come at me like arrows poisoned with fear. God has been hacking away at that root of fear this whole past year and I must admit that it has been somewhat discouraging to find fear still lurking in my heart.

A verse came to mind yesterday as I contemplated the upcoming new month.

"When I am afraid, I will put my trust in You." Psalm 56:3

It doesn't say "if", it says "when". It's going to happen. There are going to be moments of fear, moments of being afraid. But in those moments, what I decide to do makes all the difference. The writer goes on to say that when he is afraid, he will put his trust in God.


blog, Richard Wurmbrand, VOM, SoundCloud, scripture, Christian

I watched a testimony of Richard Wurmbrand, the founder of Voice of the Martyrs, early last year (when I was right in the middle of physical turmoil). He described the few moments after he had been kidnapped and put into a car going who knows where (he ended up in prison for 14 years because of his faith in Christ). He related how as he sat there, he remembered that there are 366 passages of scripture that say to not be afraid or fear, one scripture for every day, even during a leap year. He made a decision at that moment to trust God.

That was and is so powerful and his response echoes what I want my heart's response to be as I face this month's anniversary of the hairy situation I faced late last year and early this year. Trusting God and knowing and believing that I am in good hands that will never let me go.



This song that God gave me is a song that helps me see the right perspective in relation to fear. I hear God speak to me through this.

So, to wrap things up, please keep me in your prayers. That I would walk in obedience to God's command to not be afraid, to not fear. That I would look with expectation on this month instead of dread, and have a grateful, thankful heart that is so full, there is no room for fear.


Trusting and learning to trust God,
Adriel

2 comments:

  1. I love the point you made about how the verse says 'when' I am afraid, not 'if.' Often times, my lack of faith will birth in me unfounded guilt. I start to think, "Why should God bless me in this when I don't even have faith in Him?" My favorite verse over the last few months has been 2Tim 2:13: "If we are faithless, He remains faithful; He cannot deny Himself." It just reminds me that God's goodness isn't dependent on my actions, reactions, or inaction. God is good because He is good, not because I'm a perfect child. Thanks for sharing your testimony! It's was a much needed reminder that my fears are unfounded =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leah, thanks so much for leaving a comment and sharing your thoughts on this topic and the scriptures. They really encouraged me! Blessings!! =)

      Delete

Thanks for visiting! May the Lord bless you and keep you and make His face shine upon you! May God be your song.