Tuesday, December 31, 2013

A Year of Answered Prayer - "Hiding Place"

   Last New Year's Eve, our family prayed that this year (2013) would be a year of answered prayer. I could not have foreseen how many prayers God would answer, some of which I am probably even still unaware of. I would like to highlight a few as I take a look back on 2013.

- God's gracious intervention in my desperate health situation. I'm not 100% yet, but God has been so faithful to get me to where I am today. I am very grateful to be alive. =)

- My grandparents' move to Arizona which seemed like an impossibility for a number of reasons. God is the God of the impossible! It happened so fast, we couldn't believe it!

- God leading us to a church family. The day I walked in, I felt like I was home.

- And my favorite: Our son surrendering his life to Christ and becoming a born-again believer. That was such a tremendous blessing! =)

   There are so many more, too many to name. We also saw prayers answered in families we were praying for.

   But I feel so humbled to even name the four above. So humbled that the God that created this vast universe cares about me, smaller than a speck of dust in the grand scheme of things.

   I am so humbled by God's love for me. It is truly an amazing thing!

   And God gave me so many songs in 2013! Songs I know that are for others as much as they are for me. Here is a rough version of one of them - "Hiding Place":



   I am looking forward to sharing more of these songs with you in the upcoming New Year - 2014!

   My prayer for each of you this coming New Year would be that God would take you to higher heights and greater depths, that you would know Him in a deeper way and love Him more and more as each day goes by. A blessed New Year to all of you!


 "But just as it is written, "THINGS WHICH EYE HAS NOT SEEN AND EAR HAS NOT HEARD, AND WHICH HAVE NOT ENTERED THE HEART OF MAN, ALL THAT GOD HAS PREPARED FOR THOSE WHO LOVE HIM." 
1Cr 2:9 NASB


A broken vessel saved by grace,
Adriel

6 comments:

  1. Adriel, as iron sharpens iron, you've inspired me today. Thanks for sharing God's work in your life this year!
    Evan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your posts inspire me too. Excited to see where all of us will be in another year! =)

      Delete
  2. Thank you for being a blessing as you share your gift with us. Stay blessed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God gives us good gifts to share with others. It's been a blessings getting to know you this past year. Looking forward to this New Year! =)

      Delete
  3. I LOOOOVED the song -- what do mean a rough version? I truly enjoyed it. Please keep singing -- I felt the anointing from the piano and in every word. God bless you thanks for sharing. I love the fact that your son surrendering his life to CHRIST!!!! The best news ever -- and all the angels rejoice!!! I will add you to Google+

    God bless you this 2014!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Well, according to most musicians, it's considered a "rough version". I record a lot of my songs like this before there is any arrangement made for them. Certain songs sound better "rough", such as this one. I suppose I should refer more to them as "simpler recorodings". I'm so glad that it blessed you! I think I'll be sharing more simpler recordings this coming year, just because it's not so much how it sounds, but blessing people and serving the Lord. And yes, my son becoming a new person through and in Christ is the best news!! Thank you for the encouragement and I'll be adding you back! God bless you this New Year as well. =

      Delete

Thanks for visiting! May the Lord bless you and keep you and make His face shine upon you! May God be your song.