Wednesday, October 2, 2013

A Song I'm Loving Right Now...


We all have tough days, right? Some of us have tough weeks, tough months, and even tough years. Yeah, life can be pretty rough.

I have had a tough year personally, with my health collapsing over a year ago. And today is another doctor appointment. <sigh> I'm just not one of those people that likes doctor appointments. Especially when no one can tell you what is wrong.

   Anyway, today has the potential to be a rough day. But I am so thankful to have my faithful God holding me, carrying me, and giving me hope in the middle of questions, unsettled-ness, and the unknown path in front of me. He has been so good to me through this entire year. God has never left me, never let me go.

   I've listened to this particular song on SoundCloud a few times now and it just fits for today. It's called "Glorious Ruins" and I hope you are encouraged by it as I have been.




   I appreciated this Psalm a couple of days ago, reminding me that my hope is in God, not in being healthy, not in answers to perplexing problems, not in continuing to improve, not in anything else but Jesus - just Jesus.


"How blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the Lord his God."
Psalm 146:5

   I'm preaching to myself, just so you know. I need pep talks!


Learning each day to trust Jesus
more and more,

Adriel

1 comment:

  1. Just love that picture, that's what you call a fixer/upper. LOL
    Yes, that picture can sure describe our lives some days, falling apart and crumbling.
    Though, if we remember the cornerstone of our life, who is Jesus, He will keep us upright, strong and keep us from falling.
    Back in 2012, I was going through some tough times, I felt like God was so silent, I came into my office and prayed, this was my prayer. To be honest, most of my songs were prayers. I have tunes for all my songs, I just can't play music on an instrument. I can play just about any tune by ear, I just can't play accompaniment to songs. I have some friends who are musicians, they sing lots of praise and worship, they are going to help me add music to my songs, I can't wait. It's kind of strange, I wake up in the middle of the night singing my songs and praying to God. Here are the lyrics to my prayer/song.

    "Let Your Spirit Fall on Me"


    Come Lord when I call, you seem so far away
    Come to me, I need you more, I need you more each day

    Dear God you are so still, I need to hear your voice
    I need to feel your presence Lord, to praise you and rejoice

    Chorus

    Let your Spirit fall on me, let your Spirit fall on me
    Let your Spirit fall on me, fill me to the brim

    Let your Spirit fall on me, let your Spirit fall on me
    Let your Spirit fall on me, help me to follow Him

    I lift my hands to you O’ Lord, I give my all to you
    I make a heartfelt life commitment, to always follow you

    Help me Lord to know you’re God, help me Lord be still
    Fill me with your Holy Spirit, help me do your will

    Chorus

    Let your Spirit fall on me, let your Spirit fall on me
    Let your Spirit fall on me, fill me to the brim

    Let your Spirit fall on me, let your Spirit fall on me
    Let your Spirit fall on me, help me to follow Him

    Written by Chris Turner
    2012

    I pray and hope that God truly touches your health Adriel, take care and God Bless.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! May the Lord bless you and keep you and make His face shine upon you! May God be your song.