Monday, October 21, 2013

Music Developments


Please note: This is NOT where I record. I have never set foot in a real recording studio.
It seems somewhat premature to tell you about my brother's recent involvement in this music endeavor since I have yet to update that part about him in my bio.

Regardless, I am going to proceed to do just that and completely ruin the cliffhanger in my bio. Oh well.

My brother is an ultra mega, super-duper, exceptionally talented musician. (He is going to be so embarrassed that I said all that about him. The joys of being the big sister.)

I'll probably write more about this in my bio, so as not to talk your ear off about him here, but I've handed the arranging of the songs off to him. He's much better and faster at arranging than I am. Hey, sometimes you just have to admit what's true.

I have four (almost five) arrangements from him that are just waiting for vocals. It's pretty exciting!

My mom took all the kids for me last Friday so that I had a quiet house to record in. That afternoon flew by so fast! I really only got the main vocal for "I Will Not Forget" done, along with the basic ideas for the background vocals. It was awesome to hear it all together! Cannot wait to share it with you!! 

But first, I've got to finish the BG vocals and then send my brother back all the audio files and then he will mix it all down. I have no idea how long that will take. A month? Two months?

I've got to admit, this music recording stuff is not all that easy to accomplish when you have a "real life", and by that I am in no way implying that those who make a living recording music do not have one. Just for those of us who are not "professional artists", we have other priorities or occupations. The music part is just one part of our life - a part of many parts.

My brother is busy himself with two businesses of his own, I'm busy with life in general, along with reconnecting with life/people/God's church after being so out of it there at the beginning of the year! If you're wondering why that is, you can read my bio. It will explain a lot.

So the music stuff happens a little on the slow side around here. But trust me, it would be exponentially slower if my brother was not on board with the project. I am very thankful for him and the fact that he does it for free, too. Having talented family is really nice. =)

And I am very, very thankful to the Lord God for giving me the opportunity to share His songs. =)

Hope you're having a blessed week.

All glory to Jesus,

Adriel

4 comments:

  1. Hey, sounds exciting. I will be watching for the songs as they come. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going to be some time, but I'll be sharing other songs I've recorded that aren't quite as old, but they're still from a few years ago. =)

      Delete
  2. Adriel, I can relate on how tricky it can be balancing time and finding 'space' for music. We've got 3 children, so I have to do it after they're down for bed. My blessed wife is supportive of the time I spend in my basement studio. Thank the Lord for supportive spouses!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! May the Lord bless you and keep you and make His face shine upon you! May God be your song.