Saturday, October 12, 2013

New Melodies to Hymns Continued

  I enjoyed all the feedback I got regarding new melodies to hymns. It was enlightening and encouraging to hear what each of you had to say. So I made a video of a hymn with a new tune! (I am completely new to videoing and that whole process, and I am really surprised at the bad quality video from our relatively new video recorder, but...)

  The other day I decided to just browse through an unknown hymn site (or else I would tell you where I was), and a title caught my attention because I had never heard it or of it for that matter.

  I really appreciated the lyrics, but there was no info regarding the hymn as to the year it was written, etc. I decided to do some investigating, because I certainly did not want to get into any hot water by using a hymn that wasn't "public domain".

  The story behind this hymn was very touching and I've included a link HERE where you can read it yourself if you would like, but I do cover that briefly in the video if you want a condensed version. =)

Here's the video. Sorry it's not the greatest. I'll be looking into ways to improve for (possible) future recordings. ;-)




All glory to Jesus,
Adriel

2 comments:

  1. Loved the new tune, and loved seeing you sing. Thanks for sharing your gift. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful song Adriel. You have a really nice voice and sing with a lot of passion, God has really gifted you musically. I shared some video tips with you on another site. You don't need any tips, you did very well. There was the usual light fading in and out. I think if you had more lights it may help the problem. A lot of people have the same problem. Well done.Take care and God Bless.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! May the Lord bless you and keep you and make His face shine upon you! May God be your song.