Monday, September 9, 2013

Hiding Place


   Last night I started singing a simple chorus of a new song forming in my heart. I spent some time today looking at the verse in particular that the chorus originated from. 

"You are my hiding place; You preserve me from trouble; You surround me with songs of deliverance." Psalm 32:7

"You are my hiding place and my shield; I wait for Your word." Psalm 119:114

   I don't think I read a book from the Bible more than I do the book of Psalms. There's just something about it that captures me, draws me in and leaves me so encouraged. My heart feels lighter, my step is firmer, and my faith is moored deeper. I'm not putting down the whole Bible - the entire Book is good! The Psalms just have a special way of speaking to me. Perhaps it may be that they are, in a sense, songs. It could be the songwriter in me that is drawn to them. Or just the combination of poetry and truth woven together in such a beautiful way - that could be it. Whatever the case may be, I am thankful for them.


   I've got some ideas for this song mulling around in my head and also scribbled in my journal. I'll be able to work on it this evening probably and get it cleaned up. Looking forward to sharing it with you!

All glory to Jesus,

Adriel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! May the Lord bless you and keep you and make His face shine upon you! May God be your song.