Saturday, September 21, 2013

"You Deserve" - Story Behind the Song

  Journal entry from 3/18/05: "Lord, You deserve nothing short of my best. You deserve an offering that is complete, not partial. You deserve the highest place in my heart, not somewhere in the middle. Lord, give me the willingness to give You everything."

  I actually wrote some of this song on a trip I took with my husband for our wedding anniversary in Flagstaff. It was somewhat snowy when we went and there was this massive mountain that just stood out to me. The words for the song just flowed out of the beauty around me.

  The comparisons between the Lord reigning above the earth and Him reigning in my heart; of the heavens declaring His glory and my life declaring His glory; these are not by accident. The earth, the heavens - they don't have free will or choice. But I do. I choose to give God the throne in my heart. I choose to allow His life to flow out of me so He can be glorified. He deserves everything that I can give (and more).

  I need to believe this truth and make the choice to walk in it each day. God's power is inside of us who are born again believers in Christ, ready to make us into His image, ready to glorify Him, but we make the choice to believe it is true and to have faith and walk in that truth. Let us choose to give what is already His!

  You can listen to this song and download it for free HERE on SoundCloud (sign up is easy and free) and view the lyrics HERE.

  Hope you're having a great weekend!


All glory to Jesus,

Adriel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! May the Lord bless you and keep you and make His face shine upon you! May God be your song.